Sunday, September 14, 2008

Flooded

Well, it looks like I won't be going anywhere today.

K10 and I had packed up Buddy and Sinatra, two of our cats, for their yearly check up at the vet. When we got to the bottom of our complex's drive we saw this:


It may be important to give a St.Louis geography lesson at this point. K10 and I live next to The River Des Peres, a small river that functions as a sewer drain. Glamorous. The "River" is primarily dry year round, except during the rainy season when it takes on the waters from surrounding rivers to prevent flooding. Again, "river" may be questionable.So it was surprising to find, this morning that our street was flooded, but the river remained mostly dry.

Some idiot thought he could make it through.

Open for buisness?


Part of me expected the atmoshpere among the tenents in our complex to turn into The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street from The Twilight Zone.

Oh well, we had planned on a lazy Sunday anyway.

5 comments:

rtodaizh said...

Ah! This explains why River Des Peres was closed. Another mystery solved thanks to you and your meddlesome cats.

Jeff said...

Well, Rich, I don't know if I would call them meddlesome...

The Northern Bullet said...

Sweet balls! That's a lot o' water! If you need anything you could canoe down to schnucks.

Lord Spathington said...

I really like this post. Especially the insightfulness of the article by Michael Allen. Thanks for including links in this post. I really appreciate it.

Dan said...

Damn sir, we are neighbors